FIGI & LEI Data Analyst - Singapore
Posted Jan 29, 2019 - Requisition No. 73165
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our Market Data Analysts collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the data which ultimately moves the financial universe. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they implement technology solutions to improve our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our customers.
Bloomberg supports Open Symbology and drives efforts to contribute to universal and standard systems for instrument identification. This includes Bloomberg's responsibilities as a Registration Authority and Certified Provider for the Financial Instrument Global Identifier (FIGI), under the auspices of the Object Management Group. Bloomberg has made the FIGI available through its Open Symbology portal (openfigi.com) with no material impediments on redistribution. Identifiers are important to the financial industry. Each one identifies a specific financial instrument. Most of the identifiers that have existed in the market for years come along with costly licensing and redistribution fees. However, the FIGI is free and open to anyone in the marketplace. Gaining market acceptance of the FIGI and Open Symbology is a major initiative for Bloomberg Global Data. To support the product, we are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the ID and Symbology team.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for gaining market acceptance of the FIGI by visiting clients, third parties, exchanges, and regulatory bodies, with a focus on countries in Asia. You will have extensive interaction with clients and external parties, and therefore deep financial knowledge and excellent communication is important. You will also have the opportunity to network internally with our Sales force, Government relations teams, and other internal product groups to build strategies that will lead to further market penetration of the FIGI.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work with Symbology Team to become subject matter expert on the FIGI
- Influence the direction of our services by providing feedback to Bloomberg's Symbology Product Development teams on user demand, service improvements and specific product developments
- Stay informed about the financial markets in order to spot trends, look for new opportunities and establish credibility with our clients by understanding their business.
- Build and maintain relationships with regulators, exchanges, and market players, other data providers to encourage them to use FIGI.
- Manage multiple projects at a time and ensure that milestones are achieved
You’ll need to have:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in data management, client service, project management or sales support, preferably with the experience of interacting with regulatory or market data sets
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics or other related disciplines
- Knowledge of various financial instrument types, especially Derivatives is a plus
- Business proficiency in English and another Asian language (preferably Chinese or Japanese)
- Strong inter-personal skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to initiate, develop, and maintain relationships with market players
- Established market data industry contacts a plus
- Previous experience and participation at industry events, as well as member of relevant standards bodies and/or industry working groups.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to command and hold the attention of both small and large groups
- Strong project management skills, and experience of working to tight deadlines
- Proven track record of building and maintaining client relationships
- Ability to think critically with proven examples of improving processes, systems or procedures
- Ability to navigate internal and external networks
- Willingness to travel
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org