Philanthropy & Engagement Program Manager
Posted Feb 11, 2019 - Requisition No. 73565
Bloomberg Philanthropy is core to the culture of Bloomberg, with both an internal and external focus. The Company Engagement team collaborates with other departments to drive business, as well as coordinates all of our volunteer engagement with cultural and charitable organizations.
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our dynamic and growing global Philanthropy team. You have excellent written and interpersonal skills, with a proven track record in planning and implementation of events, preferably volunteer and charity programmes
Based in Hong Kong, you will work closely alongside colleagues in APAC locations, as well as New York and London. You should have the ability to work independently, be able to prioritize and multi-task, as well as have the confidence in looking after a wide range of people and projects at various levels. A flexible attitude in terms of hours and approach is important
- Plan and coordinate all philanthropy related events in HK and other APAC cities for Bloomberg LP employees, clients and charitable partners.
- Design and execute selected skills based mentoring and engagement programmes in APAC, with a particular focus on strategic business collaboration, major charitable partnerships and regional expansion.
- Drive the content, tracking, analysis and impact reporting on major partnerships to establish best practice principles, strategic assessment and recommendations for future developments.
- Manage and execute special projects including disaster relief efforts, global campaigns and other targeted events.
- Provide focus and strategic partnership for the team around the sustainability and environment agenda in collaboration with the multiple Bloomberg stakeholders and partners.
- Collaborate with the External Relations teams to provide local insight, business focus and strategic partnership to their key focus areas in cities across Asia.
- Identify, manage and coordinate local NPO partnerships in select APAC offices, around agreed regional and global strategic programs and priorities.
- Prepare relevant communication, social media and weekly regional reporting materials on behalf of the same.
- Maintain relevant databases and coordinating appropriate systems and admin relating to APAC offices.
Qualifications for the Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelors and relevant Masters Degrees required
- 2-5 years professional experience
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and the demonstrated ability to effectively interface with senior level colleagues, both verbally and in writing
- Ability and desire to build and maintain strong relationships with the team, and applicable internal and external contacts
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to effectively manage/coordinate simultaneous projects, and successfully prioritize multiple tasks with sound judgment
- Resourceful, motivated, efficient, pro-active and customer service oriented
- Ability to protect confidential and sensitive information of the organization
- Ability to perform and adapt under pressure
- Strong overall computer skills, and proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Fluency in Cantonese / Mandarin would be an advantage
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.