Posted Mar 13, 2019 - Requisition No. 74116
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organisations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news, delivering scoops about mergers and acquisitions, IPOs and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through to in-depth features. The Asia Equities team covers regional equity markets, as well as breaking news on individual equities and market events.
We're looking for a reporter to join this dynamic high-profile group in Hong Kong to expand our coverage of Equity Capital Markets.
We are ideally looking for someone who is well-sourced, tenacious and passionate about developing new contacts in the ECM field. You will be able to break news, cover day-to-day events and weave together compelling stories on broad market themes. With reporting experience under your belt (preferably covering markets and the ECM space, and/or working in a real-time news environment), you will set a standard for filing fast and accurate copy, and be a phenomenal teammate who collaborates well with colleagues.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news on initial public offerings, share placements and secondary offerings listings.
- Follow these events from registration to pricing, debut, and beyond, and provide colour on the deals and valuations.
- Produce interviews with investors and executives that keep our clients glued to the terminal and identify industry trends.
- Be a team player.
You'll need to have:
- Experience covering equity capital markets.
- A Bachelor's degree.
- An ability to nurture sources and work across teams and platforms.
- Proven news judgement and a strong sense of urgency.
If this sounds like you:
Apply, and we'll get in touch and let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/about/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.