New York, NY
Posted Mar 13, 2019 - Requisition No. 74129
Bloomberg News is seeking a reporter to be located in either New York or Delaware to help us cover the most financially troubled companies, the ones reorganizing in bankruptcy court. The field includes some of the biggest household names, and a roster that's likely to grow, after an unprecedented wave of borrowing. In this fast-paced group, you'll be expected to develop sources to break news, lead court coverage on companies you cover and work collaboratively with colleagues worldwide to help them break news, too. You'll also use your story-telling talents for longer articles that tell the readers what went wrong, reconstructing the trends, bad luck and gaffes that brought companies and entire industries to grief, and the impact of these failures on politics, people and the rest of society.
We'll trust you to:
- Write breaking news on the biggest distressed companies in North America
- Move fast to develop stories that can be published across a wide range of news platforms and audiences
- Develop high-impact, agenda-setting features and enterprise stories
- Collaborate with colleagues across our more than 120 bureaus globally.
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of three years of full-time experience in daily journalism at an established media outlet, preferably with a focus on bankruptcies, credit markets or corporate finance.
- Experience with real-time news
- Ability to write quickly and clearly under tight deadline pressure
- Ability to tackle complex topics and translate them for a broader audience
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you are a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.