Argentina Markets Reporter - Buenos Aires
Posted Mar 13, 2019 - Requisition No. 74140
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news about mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and other events, enabling readers, viewers and listeners to stay a step ahead of the markets.
Argentina is at a crossroads as President Mauricio Macri prepares to seek a second term amid a deep economic recession and stubborn inflation that has seen his popularity wane. The chance of the Peronists coming back into power is real and volatility in international markets is making a recovery that much harder.
You're an agile reporter who's able to write quickly and crisply on the most pressing issues in Argentine markets. You can multitask between monitoring the daily moves of Argentine markets and weaving together compelling stories on broader market themes and underlying trends. You have an established track record of breaking news from a network of sources, are plugged into local markets, and are versatile enough to write for a variety of platforms. You have a passion for breaking news and moving markets with scoops.
We'll trust you to:
- Monitor Argentine markets, including sovereign and provincial bonds, the Argentine peso, and the country's stock markets
- Break news with speed and accuracy on new deals and exclusive information in the beat
- Write insightful, thought-provoking stories on market trends
- Lean on existing sources and develop new ones to get color on trends across Argentine assets and produce interviews with investors and executives making waves in the local market
- Monitor market-moving events for Argentine companies, including earnings quarterly earnings releases
- Work with multiple news teams across the newsroom, including Bloomberg magazines, Bloomberg TV and Bloomberg radio
- Be a team player
You'll need to have:
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Business journalism experience and experience of working in a real-time news environment
- An ability to cultivate sources and work across teams and platforms
- Solid news judgment and a strong sense of urgency
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.