Posted Apr 3, 2019 - Requisition No. 74464
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg Radio/Television is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, experienced full-time radio anchor/host to join its 24/7 network. You will demonstrate unique and compelling takes on daily news and business stories. You will have a creative approach to topic and guest selection, and a proactive work ethic. You'll be flexible with working hours, very detail oriented and a master multitasker.
We'll trust you to:
- Prepare for shows including topic selection and guest booking
- Collaborate with team
- Write insightful business and general news
- Capture and generate reports for other markets nationally
- Complete various production duties as assigned
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of recent/relevant Mid-Major Market TV/Radio Host and/or Reporter experience
- A clear and upbeat presentation that connects with Bloomberg Listener
- A distinctive point of view with the ability to discuss many different subjects
- Strong interviewing skills
- General knowledge of radio newsroom software
- Proven skills in business and general news writing
- Must have flexible working hours
- General computer and networking knowledge
- Experience working with Microsoft Office
- Adobe Audition or equivalent audio editing skills required
- A demo reel of on-air host/reporting work
- Track record with affiliates and syndication helpful
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. Well get in touch with you to let you know the next steps- but in the meantime feel free to browse this: https://www.bloombergmedia.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.