2019 News Internship - Dubai
Posted Apr 11, 2019 - Requisition No. 74482
You’re someone who thrives on the energy of a newsroom, and who strives for the pace of a trading floor. You’re internationally-minded, and constantly on the lookout for that breaking headline. You have a desire to learn what makes the world of business tick- and to tell people about it.
Here at Bloomberg News, we work hard, and we work fast, while keeping up the quality and accuracy which we're famous for. We report on the issues which matter to financial and business professionals around the world- whenever they happen, and wherever they take place. If it affects the markets, we’ll be there first.
Come and join us for a paid 10-weeks internship! Based in our Dubai office, you’ll join our News team and be given rare exposure to the world of financial journalism. One day you could be interviewing a fund manager, the next you could be covering the biggest moves on the stock or currency markets- all the while experiencing the company culture which makes us so unique.
We’ll trust you to
- Partner with our editors and journalists to write breaking news stories on listed companies
- Analyse data to produce compelling chart-driven stories
- Interview market analysts, company executives and money managers
What’s in it for you?
- Learn from the best, with dedicated training sessions on key areas of financial journalism
- Meet and interact with senior figures from the world of business and finance
- Publish real news stories with the scope to reach an audience of millions
- Tangible feedback on your performance during your time with us
- Potential for further career opportunities at Bloomberg
You’ll need to have:
- The ability to read, write and speak fluent English and Arabic
- Working towards or completed a Bachelor's Degree in Journalism
- Strong interest in business and the financial markets
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal)
- An ‘international’ mindset and approach to your career
- Availability to work with us on a full-time basis for 10 weeks, starting 9th September 2019
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
To learn more, visit our YouTube channel "Inside Bloomberg"
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org