Posted Apr 5, 2019 - Requisition No. 74493
The Bloomberg Global Data Foreign Exchange (FX) Team seeks a junior Data Scientist to find opportunities for our business, design and implement analytical solutions, and measure and communicate impact. In this role you will work on a variety of FX data sets, statistical and machine learning methods, and proprietary and open source technologies. You will join a small team of subject matter experts where your interests and enthusiasm have significant impact. This role will be located in Princeton, NJ.
We expect you to:
- Have experience using data analysis to improve business operations and data quality. Work experience, academic research, or a personal portfolio are great ways to demonstrate this.
- Communicate effectively with non-technical partners at all stages of a project, from sourcing ideas and figuring out requirements to explaining methodological decisions and modeling outcomes.
- Acquire subject-matter expertise in order to deliver impact data science solutions.
- Have experience with software engineering standard methodologies. We value code quality, reliable systems, and reproducible research.
- Have programming experience. We develop primarily in Python and will expect you to do so as well. You should have some experience munging and pipelining data, querying databases, developing statistical models, and reporting and visualizing results.
We’d love to see any of the following:
- Formal training in statistics, machine learning, or software engineering.
- Willingness to learn how to work in a large organization. We take care of messy data from disparate sources and legacy systems with limited documentation.
- Demonstrated interest in time-series modeling on high frequency and large volume datasets.
- Experience of applying a methodological approach to problem solving that impact product decisions.
You'll need to be able to:
- Work legally in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.