Global Head of Payroll
New York, NY
Posted Apr 8, 2019 - Requisition No. 74534
Who we are:
Bloomberg is the central nervous system of global finance. Started in 1981, Bloomberg is a forward-looking company focused on building products and solutions that are needed for the 21st century. As a global information and technology company we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of data, people, and ideas – accurately delivering business and financial information, news, and insights to customers around the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our colleagues internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other’s creative ideas to remain first-class.
Who you are:
You're an experienced payroll manager with proven experience managing and developing teams across the globe. You lead with a "can-do" and strategic approach with sound commercial acumen. You're innovative, quick-thinking and effective. You have a strong work ethic and enthuse others through your vision, initiative, energy and self-confidence. You don't settle for the status quo – you continuously challenge yourself and others. You possess a strong intellect that is combined with a practical and realistic common sense understanding of how to get things done.
What's the role?
We are looking for a Global Head of our Payroll Operations to be based in our Manhattan headquarters. As a global leader you'll lead our client-focused team delivering pay to employees across the world. Bloomberg's payrolls are run in multiple currencies though both internal systems and third party vendors. In this role you will take a strategic lead for all payroll operations, ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and compliance through the research, development and administration of efficient payroll policies and operating procedures. You'll be frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions within a fast paced environment.
You'll be responsible for developing and implementing the strategic vision for our global payroll transformation. You'll lead the team in implementing a new in-house payroll system for the US, UK and Canada including process and control enhancements and implementing the integration to our international payroll provider.
We'll trust you to:
- Lead, mentor and evaluate performance of our global payroll team, supporting the regional leaders and ensuring our representatives receive ongoing development and training
- Collaborate and establish relationships with internal and external business partners, human resource relationship managers, engineering, compensation, staffing and line of business clients
- Ensure compliance, best practices and proper controls are in place globally
- Ensure metrics targets and high accuracy rates are met
- Provide operational solutions, promoting team customer service and client satisfaction
- Provide escalation point for client specific issues, communicate in a professional manner and constantly strive for providing excellent customer service
- Work seamlessly with foreign partners and international payroll providers to handle global payroll operations
- Implement system and process improvements; provide analytical and statistical excellence
You'll need to have:
- 15+ years of hands-on payroll management experience, directly running multiple and diverse groups within a payroll or accounting organization
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement a strong controls environment and knowledge of local laws and regulations
- Strong leadership skills and executive presence, to guide organizational change and collaborate with key partners across various levels
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work within a dynamic, fluid environment; comfortable initiating, leading and handling change
- Ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment, interacting with individuals across a range of backgrounds and tenures, including the most senior levels of management
- Strong ability to build partnerships, listen to customers and develop practical, supportable, and efficient solutions to meet customer needs
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and effective under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the adeptness to drive process improvements, manage projects and use data into measurable areas of focus
- Demonstrated ability to execute on plan and on budget, commercializing concepts and ideas
- Demonstrated people leadership experience. Hands-on in the building, developing and leading remote and diverse cross cultural teams
- Comfort in influencing and directing others with clear team goals and driving projects and initiatives
We'd love to see:
- An up-to-date appreciation for technology and information products within the Payroll and Accounting industry
- Strong understanding of Workday and Ceridian Dayforce systems
- A visionary approach with experience developing and implementing new strategies
- Payroll CPP certification preferable
If this sounds like you:
Apply if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.