Software Engineer - Feeds Contributions - Tokyo
Posted Apr 10, 2019 - Requisition No. 74557
The Engineering Feeds Contributions team is responsible for providing real-time market data, news, and non-exchange content from data contributors to Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise customers. This data is used by our clients to make the decisions that drive the global financial markets. We create software that consumes, parses, normalizes, and redistributes data from news agencies, exchanges, and banks all around the world. We are building a new team in Tokyo to develop, support, and improve the software that covers or will cover the rapidly-growing set of data contributors in the Asia-Pacific region.
As a member of our team, you will help to deliver software that has an impact on our company and our clients from Day 1. You will collaborate with our business partners and other engineering teams to drive solutions to real business problems in the real-time contribution data domain. You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of colleagues on an expanding portfolio of projects aimed to improve the quality-of-life both for our customers and our colleagues through improvements in stability, resiliency, and performance.
You’ll need to have:
- Proficiency in C++ and/or Python
- A team-player attitude; willingness and ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people from all over the world
- Humility and open-mindedness; willingness to acknowledge and learn from mistakes; desire to constantly improve oneself; openness to feedback
- An aptitude for problem-solving and critical thinking
- Fundamental Computer Science knowledge including data structures and algorithms
- Demonstrable experience creating software solutions for real-world problems
We’d love to see:
- Contributions to and/or participation in Open Source projects
- Experience with large distributed systems
- Experience with network protocols, specifically layers 4-7 of the OSI Model
At Bloomberg, we believe that expertise in any one programming language or technology on its own is not a recipe for success. We want people that can learn quickly, think critically, and collaborate effectively with others to find (or even create) the appropriate technology and/or tools for the challenge at hand. The Engineering Feeds Contributions team employs C++ and Python in the majority of its systems and like any technology we use, you will be expected to become proficient in them over time through on-the-job experience, learning from others, and sponsored training and workshops.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
- Read about how our engineers keep Terminal data running smoothly around the world: http://bit.ly/RTFeeds
- Check out Bloomberg Engineering & our culture -> www.bloomberg.com/engineering
- Read about the unique problems we’re solving -> TechAtBloomberg.com
- See how Bloomberg's leading the way toward a sustainable future -> https://www.bloomberg.com/impact
Bloomberg is a financial technology company. Our technology drives the world’s leading financial market participants. Our strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 310,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg has one of the largest private networks in the world, and we process billions and billions of data from all over the globe.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.