Advanced Application Specialist - Electronic Trading Operations - Tokyo
Posted Apr 16, 2019 - Requisition No. 74672
Bloomberg is a leading provider of electronic trading tools and services for all segments of the financial markets and our Electronic Trading Operations (ETO) team is responsible for ensuring the implementation, stability, and reliability of those offerings.
We implement new connections and detect, analyze, and resolve issues impacting connectivity with clients, vendors, exchanges, brokers, and ATS venues. We ensure seamless performance with our Electronic Trading platforms through interaction with Bloomberg Product areas, Network Operations, Engineering, and Bloomberg’s clients. We understand urgency, work hard, know the business, and are customer service driven. Our clients count on us every day, and we challenge and support each other to deliver the best service possible.
What’s the role?
As an Advanced Application Specialist in ETO, you will be responsible for managing large scale projects that have major impact on the operation of the department as a whole. This includes building and maintaining the backend infrastructure that supports our electronic trading environment, as well as troubleshooting and resolving escalated issues impacting the businesses we support and their clients.
In this role, you will handle the onboarding of operational work currently performed by Engineering teams into ETO, and act as an escalated contact for technical issues in these business areas. You will be expected to liaise with Product, Tradedesk, Engineering groups, and clients and will be essential in minimizing impact and mitigating financial risk for these businesses and their clients.
You will also be responsible for tracking and reporting on the ETO department’s performance against KPI/metrics for the various products ETO has taken on level 2 application support for. You will liaise with the ETO team globally to ensure we are meeting these metrics month over month and helping to push process change or tooling enhancements where necessary to improve our performance. Familiarity with data presentation or dashboards, electronic trading workflows, and incident management and remediation workflow are a must for this role.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage high level projects that have major impact on achieving ETO annual business plan targets
- Liaise with Engineering to operationalize support of Electronic Trading backend systems and OMS’s
- Build and maintain new electronic trading topologies, ensure and test proper redundancy, load balancing, and recovery methods are in place
- Analyze and troubleshoot escalated issues related to our Electronic Trading products
- Prevent production incidents and outages by partnering with Engineering and Product teams to design and implement future system and Product changes
- Examine root cause statistics for trends in production issues
- Act as product owner to existing and new Configuration, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting “In Terminal” Support tools
- Write and maintain scripts to automate or create efficiencies in the support and implementation workflows
- Conduct capacity planning by analyzing client flows and trading statistics
- Help develop metrics for internal consumption and trading system benchmarking
- Help design and document trading system recovery procedures
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in information systems or a related technology field such as Computer Science, or relevant work experience
- Experience in Unix and Linux operating systems and commands, troubleshooting LAN / WAN, and in Middleware connectivity (TCP/IP, MQ, UDP)
- Practical experience with Python
- Knowledge of Message Protocols, including the FIX standard protocol
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problems with a keen eye for detail
- Strong project management for executing customer driven short term projects and implementation requests
- Demonstrated leadership in supporting business and technology goals through creative thinking and strong problem management
- Excellent communication skills and effective prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, multi-task, be a team-player, be client focused, and to adapt in a dynamic changing environment
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
We’d love to see:
- Strong knowledge of the Equity, Options, Futures and FX markets and any exposure to Broker/Dealers, Hedge Funds, Regulations
- Passion for customer service and a genuine interest in financial markets
- Experience with SQL or transactional databases and operating large structured and un-structured datasets (such as indexed data and delimited complex system logs)
- Project management or Information Security related certification (PMP, ITIL, etc.)
- Knowledge of a scripting language, such as Perl, Bash, and Korn
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.