Junior Portfolio Quality Assurance Analyst
Posted Apr 17, 2019 - Requisition No. 74708
Our Portfolio Quality Assurance team validates the industry’s most powerful Portfolio and Risk Analytics Solution, PORT as well as PREP, at the fingertips of global investment professionals. Our solutions help our clients make quicker and more informed decision by empowering them with the tools to define appropriate investment universes with benchmarks, successfully implement optimal investment portfolio strategies, easily and accurately measure portfolio risk and return, and streamline their overall investment management workflow.
What's the role?
As a key member of the QA team for our growing Buy-Side business, we’ll trust you to manage the Quality Assurance processes, using your experience in feature and regression testing. Based in Lugano, you will provide critical support coverage for our clients worldwide. The suite of product which you will be supporting includes PORT, PREP and various functions connected to them.
You’ll be competent in developing and documenting QA plans, and be able to actively identify risks and dependencies throughout the process. You will need an acceptable knowledge of the financial instruments integrated in portfolios and indices, as well as good mathematical and basic programming knowledge.
We’ll trust you to:
- Extract and rationalize data from Bloomberg in accordance with established methodologies
- Manage projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of our products
- Perform quality control to ensure Bloomberg data accuracy and comparing them to sources
- Codify market conventions and/or data relations into business rules for data validation
- Perform incident management, from troubleshooting and root cause analysis to overall problem triage
- Contribute to continuous improvement by generating ideas to improve the data products and processes
- Participate in ad-hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set
- Report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
- Utilize subject-matter-expertise to set and maintain methodologies for data management
- Design test suites that will run on the testing platform "end-to-end"
- Build and support automated regressions testing for UI, UX, Data and Analytics validation.
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree preferably in Finance or Economics or Computer Science
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications, particularly Excel
- Familiarity with data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate daily and actively with others
- Interest in and aptitude for technology
- Ability to work under pressure and in a frequently changing environment
- Fluency in English
- Legal authorization to work full-time in Switzerland and will not require non EU visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d love to see:
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- A master’s degree in Finance or Economics
- Project management skills and/or experience
- Working knowledge of VBA and/or Python
- Familiarity with mark-up languages such as XML and/or JSON and/or HTML
- Fluency in a Swiss language
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.