Test Automation Engineer - Bloomberg Query Language Team
New York, NY
Posted Apr 17, 2019 - Requisition No. 74713
The Bloomberg Query Language (BQL) team is leading the low-latency analytics space in the financial domain. We are developing a cloud-based, low-latency Analytics and Screening Platform for huge financial data sets. We are also creating a Financial Query Language to allow users to express complex data retrieval, analytics and screening for processing on the BQL Platform, and provides screening capabilities.
The BQL team is looking for a Senior Automation Lead and QA Engineer to help build a Python-based test framework and to leverage it for automated testing and data quality assurance. The team is engaged in architecting and designing the entire ecosystem for a low-latency Analytics Platform and Screening Engine. We are building a Python test framework for the automated testing and quality assurance of the entire eco-system.
We expect you to:
- Design and Build out the Python-based test framework
- Test the distributed Analytics Platforms using the Python-based test framework
- Outline the test strategy for functional testing as well as data quality testing
- Build and execute tests consistent with those strategies
- Participate in our daily scrums, and help establish a Test Driven Development approach for the development teams
- Craft and conduct performance and load tests using tools such as JMeter to ensure the Platform performs and scales appropriately
- Strategize and conduct integration, system, regression, performance, functional and non-functional tests of cloud based low latency analytics platform
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years' experience in test engineering
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field