Demand Planner - Supply Chain
New York, NY
Posted Apr 22, 2019 - Requisition No. 74764
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 315,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions. Bloomberg's Supply Chain business is a dynamic global organization, providing support to our terminal internal and external customers through Distribution, Planning, Procurement, and Print Services, operating out of 22 locations across 12 countries.
We work hand-in-hand with our businesses to support them in achieving success and maintaining efficiency. What does that mean? We plan, procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. Our global model poses the rare challenge of not just handling products in our warehouses, but also in our customer's hands because the Bloomberg terminal is a subscription based service. For example, if a trader's keyboard breaks, our department is responsible to swap the malfunctioning product with a new one as fast as possible with minimal disruption to their business. We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily.
Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other's creative ideas to remain first-class. We pride ourselves on being subject matter authorities. Our Distribution & Planning teams handle the full hardware product life-cycle from forecasting and planning, manufacturing, warehousing and distribution, international trade compliance, and quality control. Our Global Procurement team runs all activities and workflows to procure hardware, software, consulting services and much more for internal lines of business to achieve the maximum value to Bloomberg while also leading supplier contract management and risk controls. Under one umbrella we work together to develop efficient solutions through new technologies and processes to keep up with Bloomberg's dynamic environment and business needs while ensuring the highest level of customer service.
What's the role?
The Supply Chain Operations Planning team is responsible for determining the Supply Chain strategy for the physical products that Bloomberg provides to customers and internal business groups. We are currently looking for a Demand Planner to join our Planning team as a regional planner for the Americas. In this role we will expect for you to manage demand planning, supply planning, distribution planning, maintenance of inventory controls and audits, and procedures to monitor and verify inventory levels globally.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop effective forecast models based on business trends and demand patterns
- Collaborate with business units to understand business plans and converts it to product forecast
- Support management with risk assessments and mitigation activities
- Identify and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy
- Successfully communicate forecast and inventory estimations to broader organization and management
- Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business strategies
- Conduct monthly forecast maintenance
- Address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner
You'll need to have:
- 3-5 years of demand planning experience
- Proficiency in Supply Chain principles and a broad understanding of S&OP
- Proven success working as a team player with excellent communication skills and documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the emphasis on maintaining good working relationships with business partners
- A thorough understanding of standard order management process.
- The ability to identify opportunities and take initiative to drive the change
- Demonstration in aptitude to manage projects and deadlines, as well as lead project teams if required
- SAP R/3 and MS Office experience is required
We'd love to see:
- Extensive experience in Logistics and Distribution
- Experience in Supply Planning using SAP would be beneficial
- The ability to analyze problems, create solutions and multi-task with attention to detail
If this sounds like you:
Apply, if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.