KYC Due Diligence Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Apr 24, 2019 - Requisition No. 74806
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion in cultivating a supportive workplace and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Global Compliance team within Bloomberg’s Legal Department provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators. Bloomberg has regulated activities that include regulated trading venues (e.g., UK Multilateral Trading Facility, US Swap Execution Facility), MIFID II benchmark activities, a US Broker-Dealer, and other regulated offerings globally.
Based in New York, this is a great opportunity to work closely within the core London Financial Crime AML Compliance Function.
The Know Your Customer Due Diligence Analyst will be focused on the onboarding and maintenance of corporate/professional clients for Bloomberg Businesses. You will have a deep understanding of the front-to-end customer due diligence process and be well versed with legal entity types. We would love our KYC Analyst to demonstrate strong competent knowledge with current UK and local U.S. regulatory requirements and relevant financial industry knowhow concerning the Customer Due Diligence standards.
We'll Trust You To:
- On-board new clients
- Conduct event or time driven periodic reviews
- Analyze corporate structures and validate documentation to ensure compliance with internal procedures
- Accurately risk assess new and existing clients, resolving appropriate issues where required
- Identify potential AML concerns to appropriate senior management during the onboarding and ongoing review process
- Manage multiple expectations of business partners and front office sales teams
- Respond to client enquiries, assisting on client calls when necessary
- Perform Politically Exposed Person (PEP), Sanction and Adverse Media screening and analyzing the results to eliminate or confirm matches
- Perform client static data updates within the internal systems
- As part of the broader Compliance team, provide Compliance support to the broad range of businesses operated by Bloomberg LP
- Develop and conduct training for sales and team members as and when necessary
- Engage directly with clients in region and assist with client queries
You'll Need to Have:
- At least 5+ years' experience in KYC
- The ability to develop and streamline new and existing KYC Compliance processes to mitigate risk
- Knowledge of AML requirements including JMLSG (UK) and local Money Laundering Regulations
- Experience analyzing complex company legal structures
- Experience with PEPs, Sanctions and Adverse Media screening
- The ability to meet strict deadlines / set targets
- Dedication to resolve pending queries or concerns in a timely manner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail
We'd Love to See:
- Experience in CDD Quality Assurance
- Experience onboarding South American based clients
- In-House Financial Services experience
- A motivated individual who thrives in a dynamic, open-plan environment
- Fluent Portuguese language speakers
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.