Breaking News Reporter - Amsterdam
Posted May 14, 2019 - Requisition No. 75115
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news about financial markets, enabling readers, viewers and listeners to stay a step ahead.
You are a passionate and focused journalist who thrives under the pressure of real-time demands and is driven by the need to be first in reporting news that moves markets. You'll join the Breaking News team covering Western Europe to spot and report key news, from sources including but not limited to social media, regulatory filings and company statements.
We'll trust you to:
- Make smart, fast and decisive judgement calls on topics including M&A, IPOs, corporate earnings, government news and other global events
- Collaborate with different bureaus and teams across Bloomberg News to deliver this-just-in news to the terminal client
- Be up to date on major news stories and trends that matter to financial and business clients
You need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Fluency in English and at least one of the following languages: German, Italian, Arabic, Turkish or Mandarin
- Experience in producing copy under short deadline pressure
- Knowledge of the economy, financial markets and business
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
We’d love to see:
- Fluency in a third language
- Familiarity with, or curiosity about automation, machine learning and/or natural language processing
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.