2020 Market Data Analyst - Summer Internship
Posted Aug 6, 2019 - Requisition No. 76498
You love the idea of taking raw numbers and turning them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. Technology is your thing, and the financial markets excite you. You have an appetite to truly analyse processes, and to understand why things work as they do. You have a natural eye for detail, but you remember never to lose sight of the bigger picture.
Does this sound like you? If so, you’re just the type of person who could thrive in an internship in our Global Data Department.
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our Market Data Analysts collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the data which ultimately moves the financial universe. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they implement technology solutions to improve our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our customers and establishing relationships with key market players in the financial world.
What’s the role?
- Work hand-in-hand with our team of experienced Market Data Analysts
- Maintain and process financial data, and ensure the standards of accuracy and timeliness for which we are famous
- Manage interesting, hands-on tasks and projects which directly impact our systems and clients
- Identify ways to improve the processes you’ll be working with
- Collaborate closely with other interns across Bloomberg to deliver on projects
What’s in it for you?
- Immersive learning - receive in-depth training on the Bloomberg Terminal and learn all about our products, clients and workflows
- Exposure to and contact with market players in the financial industry
- Ongoing mentorship during your 10 weeks with us, and tangible feedback on your performance
- The opportunity to join us on a full-time basis once you graduate
You'll need to have:
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- A positive attitude and an ability to collaborate well with others
- A knack for solving problems, analysing complex processes, and thinking of creative solutions
- Meticulous attention to detail, with an aptitude for working quickly and accurately
- Business fluency in English
- Working rights in Singapore for the duration of the internship
- You’ll also need to be in your penultimate year of undergraduate study (graduating in 2021), and available to work with us on a full-time basis for the entire 10-week internship period (May 18, 2020 - July 24, 2020)
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps. To learn more, visit our YouTube channel "Inside Bloomberg"
Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.