Senior Software Engineer - Web - Marketing
New York, NY
Posted Dec 29, 2022 - Requisition No. 76926
The Marketing Engineering Team is in a unique position -- we use both web technologies and develop internal email campaign tools on Bloomberg Terminal. We manage over 100 websites and services that showcase Bloomberg’s diverse financial products. We support a variety of Marketing and philanthropic initiatives within the company, and have a diverse codebase to reflect that. For our internal tools applications, it will give you the opportunity to learn scalable design and build robust pipelines which focus on automation and validation of data.
What's in it for you:
For this role, you will help lead the efforts porting some of these essential internal marketing tools into a cleaner UI while solving complex problems of integration with Bloomberg services. Since our team also specializes in web, you can gain hands on experience in React, PHP, and headless CMS using REST and GraphQL.
If you love creative problem solving, we want to learn more about how you've collaborated with others successfully. If you can go with the flow to meet changing business priorities, you will enjoy working here. Above all, if you are passionate about (and take personal pride) in your work, then we want to work with you to build exciting digital experiences.
You'll Need To Have:
- 4+ years of web development experience maintaining scalable, highly available sites.
- 4+ years of experience with either: PHP, Node.js, Python. (PHP OOP preferred).
- Work across the full stack with modern front end technologies like ES6+, Webpack, React, and modern CSS Frameworks.
- Understanding of relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.
- Prior development or extension of-Professional experience on developing or extending Content Management Systems such as Word Press. Experience with WordPress preferred.
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience.
We’d Love to See:
- Unix/Linux and shell scripting (Bash, Golang)
- Cloud technologies and distributed systems (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Improving site performance (caching, CDNs, database optimization)
- Micro-services and distributed architecture design
- Ownership of the critical products and designs, and then build and iterate at a rapid and incremental pace
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus