London Mithraeum Bloomberg Space -Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship
Posted Sep 5, 2019 - Requisition No. 77118
The Global Philanthropy and Engagement Team is seeking an enthusiastic and proactive philanthropy apprentice to work in the London Mithraeum Bloomberg SPACE. This role will provide an apprentice with hands on experience of working within a unique cultural heritage site based in the heart of the City of London. An introduction to conservation, museum management, exhibitions, history, the arts and culture. The apprentice will join the team of established hosts developing an in-depth knowledge of the exhibition content, historical significance of the site, and art commissions, whilst providing the highest standard of customer care. The apprentice will also gain exposure to other business focused activities, including ticket administration, responding to visitor’s queries, event support, reporting, data entry, technical support and security operations.
- First point of reference for all visitors; welcome and positively engage with them consistently delivering the highest standards of customer service at all times
- An ambassador for the cultural space; develop knowledge on the exhibits, the space and the new Bloomberg building in order to maximise the visitor experience
- Provide a professional and knowledgeable response to all visitor enquiries
- To monitor the space to ensure the safety of the area, visitors and staff and to ensure that visitors and staff comply with all safety and security procedures
- Proactively engage with and assist visitors in how best to maximize their enjoyment of the cultural space
- Assist with the creation, planning, delivery, facilitation and evaluation of public engagement and the schools learning programme
- Event planning, management and support
- Support the Philanthropy team as they coordinate and help deliver workshops to school groups
- Provide wide ranging administrative support to the Corporate Philanthropy team
- Conservation and condition checking of art installations throughout the Bloomberg building
- GCSE's or equivalent in Maths and English at Level 4 or above
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a time sensitive environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Good coordination skills
- Eye for detail
- Time Management
WE’D LOVE TO SEE
- A genuine interest in art, culture or history
- Effective project management skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment to extracurricular activities and interests
What is London Mithraeum Bloomberg SPACE?
London Mithraeum Bloomberg SPACE returns the Roman Temple of Mithras to the location of its discovery in the heart of the City. Situated beneath the site of Bloomberg’s European headquarters, this cultural space showcases the reconstructed temple, bought to life with a unique immersive experience, a selection of the remarkable Roman artefacts found during recent excavations, and a series of contemporary art commissions responding to one of the UK’s most significant archaeological sites.
Find out more: Londonmithraeum.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org