Security – Green Team Architect (CTO Office)
New York, NY
Posted Sep 5, 2019 - Requisition No. 77129
The Bloomberg CTO Office is the future forward technical arm of Bloomberg L.P. We envision, design and prototype the next generation infrastructure, hardware and applications that interface in all aspects of the company including financial products, broadcast and media, data centers, internal IT and our global network. We are passionate about what we do. Our CTO Security Architecture Team works alongside colleagues, customers, vendors, and the industry to drive security, standards and other technical requirements that help Bloomberg now and in the future.
Working with teams across so many diverse and varied fields requires the brightest scientists and engineers with broad technical skills and the ability to clearly communicate with technical experts, business leaders and customers.
What's in it for you:
As a member of the CTO Green Team you will be working on the most difficult security problems our company has. The CTO Green Team works on all aspects of security from design to implementation, from process to policy, from individuals to whole departments. The Green Team is responsible for redesigning and, in some cases, reimplementing security for the current production environment. You will architect new solutions that address security shortcomings and upgrade them in-place without causing outages in our production network.
Your goal will always be to provide the highest level of security for our products and teams without slowing down development or negatively affecting production. This requires a wide ranging skillset and the ability to successfully work with teams and individuals from all over the firm every day.
We'll trust you to:
- Take a leadership role in discussing security technologies with engineers, product, and senior management
- Champion and onboard new technologies, ideas, and processes that will prepare Bloomberg for the next 5 years
- Identify and mentor the next generation of leadership throughout Bloomberg
- Advise, teach and evangelize security controls at all technology layers across Bloomberg and its 20,000 employees
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrated leadership in computer engineering or computer security
- 5+ years of experience building, maintaining, and testing large scale projects – software, hardware or infrastructure
- Experience with an entire product lifecycle from design to production to maintenance
- A track record of building collaborative relationships with stakeholders across many functions and explaining security risks to various levels of technically knowledgeable managers
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; ability to juggle priorities that are risk-aligned
We'd love to see:
- Deep working knowledge of fundamental computer science primitives and data structures
- Experience working with large distributed applications on heterogeneous platforms