Energy Editor - Sydney
Posted Sep 6, 2019 - Requisition No. 77152
We're looking for an experienced editor to join our Energy Asia team in Sydney, Australia.
You'll help break market-moving news from a key coal and gas exporter, as well as chronicle how the nation grapples with a global shift away from fossil fuels. We want someone who can master the details of markets and companies -- from coal and gas to wind and solar -- as well as Australia's role in Asia-Pacific as a close partner to both the U.S. and China. You'll need to be enthusiastic about working in a team, as well as perform to the highest standards without close supervision.
We'll trust you to:
- Work across commodity teams and regions to connect market and industry trends, while still being able to quickly dig down into specific topics.
- Start the Asia day by taking over coverage from the U.S. and ensuring Asia-Pacific teams are up to speed on major market, industry and political news that will set the agenda.
- Guide and edit breaking news stories on supply outages, company strategies, projects, M&A and government policy, as well as handle stories as varied as daily market moves to CEO profiles to quick-hit enterprise.
- Help explore the relationship between Australia's resource industry and its politics and foreign relationships, especially the U.S. and China
- Craft coverage for both expert Bloomberg clients and a broader readership/
You'll need to have:
- Knowledge of the economy, financial markets and business
- Ability to write and edit quickly and tightly under deadline pressure
- Previous commodities markets or industry coverage would be advantageous
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent
If this sounds like you:
Please apply! If we think you're a good match, we’ll get in touch to let you the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
We are a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com