Intellectual Property & Commercial Transactions Counsel
New York, NY
Posted Sep 9, 2019 - Requisition No. 77190
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion in cultivating a supportive workplace and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
We are looking for a standout attorney to join our in-house legal department. You will be responsible for the review, drafting and negotiation of a wide-range of commercial contracts including agreements relating to technology transactions, software licensing, procurement, services, outsourcing, reseller and manufacturing and media-related agreements. You will advise clients on a broad range of intellectual property matters and commercial legal advice, including software development, open source licensing, technology-related services and software compliance. Partnering closely with Engineering, Information Technology, Supply Chain, Vendor Risk, and Facilities teams you will provide support on commercial and technology-related transactions and intellectual property-related issues.
We'll trust you to:
- Be experienced in negotiating and drafting commercial contracts, software licenses, and technology-related services and media-related agreements as well as advising on intellectual property and licensing issues
- Efficiently manage a large volume and variety of general matters, negotiate numerous standard and complex corporate and commercial agreements, all in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Contribute in a collaborative fashion with an emphasis on team values, goals and objectives
- Communicate effectively with engineers, software developers, product development, R&D and other teams, including strong software technology and development knowledge or experience
You’ll need to have:
- J.D from an ABA accredited law school and admitted to practice before a State Bar (preferably New York)
- Minimum of 4 years related professional legal experience
- Superior academic credentials
- Great writing, analytical and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
We'd love to see:
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or a related field is preferred
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from you if you are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.