Unified Communications Automation Engineer
New York, NY
Posted Oct 3, 2019 - Requisition No. 78208
About Bloomberg Information Systems:
The Global Information Systems Group (Infosys) is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s internal IT systems. This includes our global corporate network plus all hardware, software and the enterprise applications used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. We focus on enterprise solutions, productivity tools, and IT systems integration which helps move all of Bloomberg's businesses forward.
As a Unified Communication Automation Engineer in the Telecom Engineering Team you will be responsible for driving UC efficiencies through automation, leveraging your python programming skills. Build new and enhance existing tools that automate our back-end UC systems. Recognize opportunities and create UC automation solutions which make our employees more efficient. You will work collaboratively with the business units to define the functional requirements, research solutions, develop Proof of Concept tests, document a high level / low level design plans, conduct pilot testing and hand off to operations team for implementation and day two support after ensuring that the design satisfies architectural, security and functional requirements. You will also be responsible for level 3 escalation, managing the customers’ needs, vendor relationship, and ticketing system updates for projects and incidents. You will also have the opportunity to work on a team of other Unified Communication engineers as we transform our corporate infrastructure to meet the needs of a mobile workforce.
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years' experience as a Unified Communications Automation Engineer
- Experience with Cisco AXL, JTAPI, SQL for automation and configuration tasks utilizing Python and LUA scripting
- Good understanding of telephony feature sets, dial plans, call flows and protocols, SIP, RTP, SCCP.
- Good understanding of security concepts, Secure protocols, TLS, SRTP, SAML SSO, hardening of telephony infrastructure
- Good understanding of networking concepts, ability to read packet captures
- Good understanding of windows and linux OS, VM infrastructure
- Good understanding of incident and change management principles
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and ability to work unsupervised
We would love to see:
- Experience of working within an IT organization
- Experience of working in the financial industry
- Experience with third-party applications such as Oracle SBC, EOM, SDM, IR prognosis, Splunk, -Securelogix, Wincall, Second Nature, Speakerbus, and BiAmp
- Experience with Jira
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.