US Diversity Recruiting Lead - Experienced Hiring
New York, NY
Posted Sep 18, 2019 - Requisition No. 78245
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Who you are:
You are an energetic, commercial, creative and collaborative senior recruiter who believes that talent is the fuel that makes the business world go around. You don’t just transact but inject advice, well-thought-out sourcing strategies and key market insights at every step of the recruiting process. You aren't shy when it comes to building a broad external network, and you understand the importance of partnering with your clients to help find and select the best and brightest diverse talent. You’re a natural connector. You bring a deep dedication to building an inclusive workforce, person by person and team by team.
What you’ll do:
Bloomberg’s diversity recruiting team is seeking a creative and business orientated recruiter to help to design, drive, and importantly deliver D&I recruiting initiatives for mid-career and senior-level talent with a focus on attracting diverse candidates for roles across our business lines. You'll work in partnership with our business aligned Diversity & Inclusion and Lateral Recruiting teams to conceive and execute on groundbreaking diversity recruiting strategies.
You'll be in lead role developing and managing relationships with prospective candidates, affinity groups, community groups, nonprofit organizations and other institutions to expand our talent pipeline.
You'll build phenomenal advisory relationships with our key business leaders to develop a deep understanding of their objectives, products, people, and challenges, in order to attract and present the best skilled candidates. You'll engage across industries and external networks, stay relevant and adjust strategies in an ever-changing environment.
We’ll trust you to:
- Challenge the status quo to drive proactive recruiting and candidate engagement strategies to identify experienced talent for our future business needs
- Work with senior recruiting partners and hiring managers to increase relevant applications, offers and successful hires to ethnically and gender diverse talent
- Advise recruiters on methodologies to diversify their talent pipelines as well as key external networks for their key roles
- Influence key stakeholders in the recruiting process to ensure deliverables in alignment with Diversity & Inclusion and Business goals
- Use data to drive recruitment strategy and track progress toward diversity recruitment goals
- Partner with Marketing, Corporate Communications and external organizations to increase our brand recognition with key talent segments in diverse communities
You’ll need to have:
- Experience sourcing diverse talent using recruitment tools - at least 7 years of experience in lateral recruitment; with a minimum of 3 years in diversity recruitment preferred
- Extensive experience in building senior hire diversity recruitment strategies and partnering with recruitment teams to execute on those strategies.
- A well-developed network of diverse talent pools
- The ability to build relationships and credibility at all levels within a matrix organization
- Outstanding communication, presentation, storytelling and interpersonal skills
- Experience taking a data driven approach including data analysis and reporting
- Agility! Crafted ability to work independently to deal with ambiguity, tight deadlines, multiple priorities, and demanding environments
- Experience thriving in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Flexibility to travel to represent Bloomberg at external events in the region
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.