Senior Software Engineer - Structured Products
New York, NY
Posted May 6, 2020 - Requisition No. 78338
The Bloomberg Structured Products team is responsible for all data, cash flows and analytics of the two million plus bonds that make up the structured products universe. Because of how large and complex these securities are, we own some of the largest databases, run the highest hit services that return billions of points of data, and maintain the best libraries of cash flow models at Bloomberg.
Who we are:
Who you are:
You are hard-working, innovative and want to solve interesting and challenging problems. You enjoy collaborating and working closely with other people. You’re eager to learn, a quick thinker, and have an interest in the Structured Products domain.
We'll trust you to:
- Work directly with product owners to build products that our clients use to solve complex problems
- Take ownership of technical solutions, development and delivery to production
- Develop in all levels of a web application stack, from the client to server side
You need to have:
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- 3+ years’ industry work experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of data structures, object oriented design and systems/applications programming
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills especially those involving numbers and math
We'd love to see:
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Strong code review skills
- Experience in Python/Linux
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.