Global Head of Pricing and Inventory
New York, NY
Posted Sep 24, 2019 - Requisition No. 78356
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen!
The Global Head of Pricing and Inventory will lead the overall strategy, analysis, management and execution of Bloomberg Media's pricing and inventory, to ensure we are properly and effectively monetizing our cross platform advertising assets. We're looking for a data wizard combined with a deep knowledge of the media business with extensive knowledge of both television and digital. You are data driven in your approach and have a passion for yield management, helping manage multiple media platforms, solving problems, and supporting overarching team initiatives. You are an enthusiastic team leader that thrives in a fast paced, cross-platform environment. Armed experience and knowledge of pricing market trends, Bloomberg products, individual client needs and market knowledge; you'll brainstorm, develop and refine compelling, customized analyses. Working collaboratively with all groups you will influence our revenue strategy while overseeing daily pricing and inventory management of multiple products and media platforms.
We'll trust you to:
- Analyze pricing and inventory data to help inform sales strategy for both individual platforms as well as cross-platform deals across our five platforms
- Apply quantitative techniques and systems to drive yield optimization, increase operational efficiencies, and unlock new revenue opportunities
- Be deeply immersed in the inventory and revenue data; fluent at translating the data to many different groups; and quick to understand the implications in the data and to take action to resolve
- Deliver analysis and recommendations on inventory allocation, pricing, and systems improvements to management team
- Experience in new product pricing and creation including forecasting analysis to determine product viability, possible revenue and recommendations on ad product priorities
- Create and implement strategies that drive growth, optimize pricing, and accurately and holistically report on business performance
- Work with Finance to develop revenue budgets and forecasts based on your core monetization expertise
- Develop and manage Ad Sales Rate Cards across brands from an operational and strategic perspective
- Be able to communicate & present complex data in a simple and easy-to-understand manner
- Provide guidance with training and support to build capabilities across the organization
- Ensure the effective use of resources in a dynamic environment while managing towards budget
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external partners across the organization. Fosters a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives
- Engages leadership to develop and execute action plans to address gaps in capabilities
- Experience in balancing sales goals with rigorous inventory and pricing management goals
- Build teams with the appropriate mix of talent and skills to drive innovation and performance
- Set clear organizational goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds team accountable for performance.
- Initiate and manage the change process and energize it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serve as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges
- Support employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilize differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensure employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential
You'll need to have:
- 10+ years management experience in advertising, marketing, analytics, or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance
- Proficient in Digital, TV, Radio, & Print media platforms
- Experience with leading global teams
- Ability to inspire change in a dynamic environment
- Strong experience and comfort level dealing with senior management
- A bachelor's degree required, master's preferred
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.