HR Business Partner
Posted Oct 8, 2019 - Requisition No. 78854
Bloomberg is looking for an experienced Human Resources Business Partner to join our APAC team, based in Tokyo. You will use your HR background and expertise to actively partner with our business both in Japan, and across the region, providing strategic support and advice
People are Bloomberg's most critical assets and ensuring their success is key to driving our business. As part of the HR Business Partner team, you will develop strong professional relationship internally to improve the success of our employees in the organization. You will spearhead the design and delivery of people and organization development strategies in support of Bloomberg's strategic and operational plans across APAC. You will partner with teams to advocate for continuous organizational performance improvement.
You will solve complex problems while being "hands on" on all other aspects of the role. We are a creative and ambitious team working in a fast pace environment with the desire to achieve one goal: Success
Good judgement is something which comes naturally to you, and you're able to find that perfect balance between professional and personable. You get a buzz out of delivery a strategic service to your business leaders.
We'll need you to:
- Partner with senior stakeholders in both APAC region and globally on the people strategy across multiple business groups
- Drive results based on business goals and strategies, by defining and executing specific people-focused initiatives, including talent-related initiatives and employee development programmes
- Build credibility by combining commercial and HR expertise to make valuable contributions to the business
- Design, develop and execute on all aspects of talent management with senior leaders ensuring a longer term view on leadership development (with a lens on Diversity and Inclusion)Display confidence, emotional intelligence and decisiveness
- Implement initiatives to cultivate a strong culture, where continuous improvement and diversity is the norm.
- Use data, metrics and internal / external trends to provide leaders with insights to inform business decisions, organisational structure and HR projects
- Lead all aspects of complex employee relations issues through to resolution whilst providing counselling and mentoring to key partners globally, regionally and locally
- Partner with the business on structure reorganizations, internal promotions and other strategic decisions
- Influence and collaborate with the HR team including Recruitment, Talent; Diversity and HR Operations to deliver significant and relevant solutions and exceptional customer service.
Use this to understand performance,barriers and potential solutions to improve organizational capability.
You need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Over 8 years of proven strategic partner experience
- Ability to lead a high volume of workload and have a flexible approach
- Experienced in partnering with partners in Japan, across APAC, and globally – demonstrating the ability to influence senior managers
- Ability to use HR reporting & analytics in generating insights and presenting findings back to the business, as well as tracking and disseminating key HR data
- Demonstrated expertise and experience serving in a consultative capacity to senior business leaders, shaping organizational strategy, goals and alignment
- Experience collaborating with various HR disciplines including compensation, recruiting, employee relations, shared services and talent management
- Ability to execute firm-wide talent initiatives with excellence in a fast paced, global collaborative environment; commitment to innovation and continuous improvement
- Proven expertise building consensus on a cross-functional basis
- Experience handling a variety of employee relations issues
- Facilitation skills, including fostering creativity in solution design
- Good judgment on a range of people issues and the confidence to influence leaders and drive commercial outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing skills and a great teammate
- Proficiency in labor laws and the ability to mitigate risk on behalf of the organization
- Fluency in Japanese is preferred
If this sounds like you: Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.