2020 August Market Data Analyst Internship (English/Japanese)
Posted Nov 19, 2019 - Requisition No. 79752
You're the type of person who has a passion for taking raw numbers and turning them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. Your friends all know you as the one who has a true interest in technology, and who likes nothing more than spotting a creative way to improve a process. You have a natural eye for detail, and an interest in the financial markets. You are independent and determined, but thrive as part of a team. You enjoy dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means.
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our Market Data Analysts collect, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal—the data which ultimately moves the financial markets. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes—and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
We'll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, maintain and process financial data using Bloomberg’s internal systems and proprietary company software
- Constantly be looking for ways to make our data-related processes more efficient, accurate and timely – coming up with creative solutions and improvement ideas which leverage technology and other channels
- Deliver on projects which require you to collaborate closely with colleagues and stakeholders across the globe – adhering to tight deadlines and juggling multiple priorities
- Partner with other Bloomberg departments such as Sales, Analytics, News and Engineering to efficaciously identify and develop business solutions for our clients
- Take the lead in driving projects forward, while acting as a strong representative for perspectives of your team and market
- Provide a platinum level of service to Bloomberg customers
What's in it for you?
As an intern in our Global Data team working alongside our Market Data Analysts, you will:
- Gain hands-on exposure to our systems, processes, clients and the financial markets in general
- Discover how we maintain the standards of accuracy and timeliness for which our data is famous
- Learn how we assist our clients with data-related queries
- Carry-out interesting, hands-on tasks and projects which directly impact our systems and clients
You can expect to be mentored by one of our experienced Analysts throughout your time with us, and we will make sure that you have a full performance evaluation before the end of your internship- just so that you know how we think you've done, and to give you some tangible areas to continue to develop.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Availability to work for the whole 4 weeks: from August 3 to August 28, 2020
- Graduating year 2021
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- Strong passion and drive to challenge the status quo
- A positive attitude with good inter-personal skills
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Capacity and desire to learn new concepts and skills, take on challenges and respond positively to change
- Ability to identify patterns and trends from data, and to find connections between key pieces of information
- Project management and organizational skills
- Business level proficiency in Japanese and English
We'd also love you to have:
- Interest in, and knowledge or experience of the financial markets
- Prior experience of data research or process engineering
- Programming-related knowledge and/or experience (VBA, SQL, Python or other object-oriented programming languages etc.)
If this sounds like you:
Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.