2021 Analytics and Sales - Bilingual Japanese/English speaker
Posted Jul 20, 2021 - Requisition No. 80365
You have an understanding of the drivers behind market moving stories and events. You're a solution-finder, with a real passion for providing exceptional customer service in a fast-paced environment. With a desire to build a career in a client-facing role, you understand the importance of credibility and building relationships.
What is the role?
It’s rare to find a role that gives you such early exposure to global financial market participants. Our Analytics and Sales program in Tokyo offers you the unrivalled opportunity to:
- Join our team in the Tokyo Marunouchi office, where you are depended upon to provide fast and accurate solutions to incoming client queries. The support we give to clients is a key aspect of Bloomberg’s value proposition and you will play a critical role here.
- Partake in our comprehensive training program, covering all aspects of the financial markets: economic principles, market players and asset classes - while teaching you all there is to know about the functionality and analytical tools Bloomberg has to offer.
- Upon a successful period in Analytics, you’ll have the platform to further your career across the company. The majority of Analytics members take up opportunities within our Enterprise Sales team. In this role you will be working with existing and new clients to increase Bloomberg’s engagement and presence through offering market leading solutions. You’ll play an important part in maintaining Bloomberg’s position as a market leader and driving business growth. You will support the top decision makers in the world of finance, government and business across Japan.
We provide 24/7 support for Bloomberg Professional Service users all over the world and across multiple industries. Reaching us via our 'Instant Bloomberg' chat system, clients access unparalleled customer service where we answer their questions and help them maximise the value of Bloomberg.
We’re a calm voice in a busy, volatile market. Our clients rely on us to support them in making better, faster decisions using the power of Bloomberg Professional Services. On any given day we respond to over 12,000 queries in more than 15 languages. From educating a portfolio manager on Bloomberg’s risk management solutions to helping a trader discover new sources of market liquidity – the variety of problems we solve is immense.
Bloomberg plays a critical role in the workflow of our clients therefore when we’re asked a question we strive to exceed their expectations by providing a timely, accurate and quality service.
Analytics works in conjunction with Enterprise Sales to deliver on strategic initiatives, supporting product roll-out and onboarding clients. We want to ensure our clients are making the most of our service and using tools and features that allow them to work smarter.
Bloomberg is constantly innovating and Analytics plays a key role in ensuring clients are educated on new products and enhancements by proactively reaching out to upskill clients through technology, on-site training and seminars.
In Sales, we're the face of Bloomberg for our clients. Consultative and entrepreneurial, we’re responsible for managing client relationships, whilst striving to continually grow our revenue by identifying new business opportunities. We work collaboratively across departments to ensure the company continues to innovate and develop our product as well as ensuring we’re delivering the best customer service.
We spend our time with our clients, understanding their business goals and outpacing their expectations. Guided by curiosity and purpose, we work to understand their workflows and advise on the most appropriate Bloomberg solutions for them from across our range of enterprise offerings. We work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing market and to be successful, it’s crucial we stay one step ahead, knowing our customers, pre-empting their needs and presenting them with ground breaking solutions, before they even know they need them.
We’re discovering new business leads by making prospecting calls and networking. The Enterprise sales team is relied upon to defend our position as a market leader in their respective regions and contribute to year-on-year growth.
Colleagues from across the company depend on us to communicate new solutions and Bloomberg offerings to the market. We demonstrate how Bloomberg will help our clients make the best investment/trading/business decisions, making their day to day business smoother and more profitable.
You’ll need to have:
- The ability to join a training class on a full-time permanent basis in 2021
- Business level proficiency in Japanese and English
- A Bachelor’s degree (or above) or relevant work experience
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- A demonstrable interest in financial markets and the aspiration to work in the financial services industry
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal)
- The resilience to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment, and apply drive and enthusiasm to your work
- Real ambition to pursue a client-facing career, with a strong interest in relationship management and sales
We'd love to see:
- Work experience in a client facing role
- Interest in technology
- Experience in using the Bloomberg Terminal
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with others in a team setting
If this sounds like you:
Apply! One of our recruiters will review your application and qualifications, and we will be in touch regarding next steps. To learn more about our company and culture, visit our YouTube channel “Inside Bloomberg”.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.