BDMS - Data Operations Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Dec 30, 2019 - Requisition No. 80486
Bloomberg PolarLake delivers the world’s foremost Data Utility to the Financial Markets. Our clients experience immediate improvement in Data Quality, Operational Process & Control, Reaction to Change and Data Governance when they on-board to our Private Cloud - Hosted Service.
What’s the role?
Bloomberg PolarLake is an Enterprise Data Management (EDM) and Index Data Management (IDM) business, providing simplified data management solutions to the financial industry. We are seeking a motivated self-starter to join our Data Operations team. Based in the New York office you will assist with the operational support of managed service clients, initially undertaking the daily operational tasks of handling the acquisition and cleansing of data from the many multi-vendor sources.
What will you be doing?
Responsible for day-to-day operational activities which will include but are not limited to:
- Monitor the receipt of financial data feeds from third-party vendors, as well as client’s proprietary data.
- Investigate and resolve exceptions on a variety of client activities such as Security Master, Price Master, Index Master, Legal Entity Master and Corporate Actions.
- Respond to ad-hoc queries from customers and ensure that a high quality service is provided to our clients according to a defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Research data quality issues, identify resolutions and update systems as required
- Drive data quality through continuous process improvement.
- Lead changes for improvement to workflow activities.
- Participate in user acceptance testing during initial on-boarding of managed service clients
- Various ad hoc projects
What would we like you to have?
- Bachelor Degree in Finance/Business or in related discipline; or equivalent work experience.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills including the tenacity to resolve issues which may be complex.
- Excellent communication skills / Customer service experience
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with challenging clients.
- Strong PC skills
- Experience in products such as Security Master, Pricing, Index, Legal Entity and Corporate Action -Data Management would be preferred but not required
- Experience with data providers such as Bloomberg, Refinitiv, IHS Markit, Intercontinental Exchange, SIX Group, StatPro and others would be preferred but not required
Who would we like you to be?
- A self-starter who learns quickly.
- Organized, detail-oriented and have the ability to multitask.
- Interested in technology & finance
- Innovative thinker
Why Bloomberg PolarLake?
At Bloomberg PolarLake, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond as well as work on interesting challenging projects with a number of key partners both internally and externally. We are passionate about people who are excited by innovation, who care about our customers and what to help us achieve our mission to “Simplify Data Management”. If this sound like you we'd love to hear from you!
What is Bloomberg? See for yourself!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.