2020 Bloomberg Client Financial Services Internship
New York, NY
Posted Jan 24, 2020 - Requisition No. 80916
You are excited to support a business by providing critical accounting services. You have strong attention to detail and you are an efficient problem solver. You can manage a heavy high workload, multitask and prioritize. You build relationships quickly and effortlessly, you know how to network with people and what it really takes to get things done. You thrive in a team environment, and you know what customer service really means. You challenge yourself to learn new things and continually improve. If you recognize yourself in this description please continue reading:
It’s Tuesday morning, and your phone is ringing off the hook. You answer, and it’s one of your loyal clients who is unable to log into their terminal. This client is dependent upon the Bloomberg Terminal in order for business to operate as usual. After taking a quick look, you realize that terminal access has been suspended due to non-payment for the most recent invoice. Your client is adamant that they submitted the invoice for payment two weeks ago.
As a Client Financial Services Intern, you understand the urgency of the situation: every moment that the client is unable to log in, their business suffers. You search high and low through the accounting systems to find the missing payment, but you explain it’s nowhere to be found. It is determined that payment was not properly processed by the client’s Accounts Payable department. Working with the client in order to find a solution, you ensure that service will be reinstated if payment is reprocessed by their AP team today. The client confirms, and you are now able to save the day by reinstating their Bloomberg Terminal!
Our Client Financial Services Interns must be able to think quickly on their feet while providing platinum customer service to Bloomberg’s loyal clients. Throughout the internship, you’ll be supported by your manager, mentor and your recruiter to ensure you receive regular feedback on your work and help navigate the company.
To round out your experience, you’ll attend lunch and learn sessions, designed to teach you about our diversified group, and there will be plenty of opportunity to meet Bloomberg leaders at a variety of networking events. Of course we also want to give you the chance to get to know your peers, so you’ll also take part in volunteering activities and social events with interns from other departments.
At a minimum, we require that you:
-Can work full-time in our New York office from Friday, May 29th, 2019 through Friday, August 7th, 2020
- Are working towards a bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Will graduate between December 2020 and August 2021
- Are legally authorized to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship in the future
We'll trust you to:
- Maintain positive relationships with our customers by providing excellent service
- Be responsible for processing customer refunds, write-offs, escheatable items, and preparing delinquent customers for third party collections
- Collaborate with our internal Sales, Contracts, Installations and Billing Teams in order to resolve outstanding issues
You need to have:
- Ability to multi-task, trouble-shoot and solve complex problems while utilizing multiple system interfaces and addressing a high volume of work within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adjust priorities quickly under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Flexibility within a constantly changing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to cooperate and collaborate effectively with team members
We'd love to see:
- Previous experience in a customer service or client-facing role
- Knowledge of SAP
- Interest in Finance and/or Accounting
- Fluency in Spanish
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.