Telecoms Commercial & Product Lead - Singapore
Posted Jan 31, 2020 - Requisition No. 81076
The Bloomberg Networks Communications team oversees the procurement, design and delivery of telecommunication services for Bloomberg and its customers. We're responsible for Telecom Service Provider relationships to design, order, and support over 20,000 unique connections globally. We work collaboratively with other internal technical teams to design and order connectivity for us and our customers.
Once installed, we support our existing connectivity through active management of Service Providers when challenges arise. This includes leading the resolution of critical issues, design reviews, and having an understanding of domestic, submarine and terrestrial cable routes. We're also involved in proof-of-concept product and design testing with our Network Engineering team, the design and support of Bloomberg data centers, invoice approvals, and network audits.
What’s the role?
We're looking for someone to be the Telecoms Commercial and Product Lead within the region. You will lead the commercial negotiations of existing and new services as well as technical screening of solutions with our providers. In addition to overseeing all aspects of the commercials, understanding the physical design, routing and diversity requirements needed to build a resilient WAN network is critical. You will tender, design & run both customer and core connectivity projects to ensure network continuity is maintained in the event of multiple circuit outages.
You will be part of a remote team, working with peers across our APAC & global offices, which means you will need to act autonomously while being proactive in reaching out for support.
We'll trust you to:
- Use your deep understanding of Telecommunication Carrier Networks and their various connectivity methods to conduct complex design & installations, collaborating regularly with our Telecoms Vendors on all levels
- Serve as the authoritative source on Telecoms product reviews and design questions, such as leading conference calls with internal/external partners. Keep on top of the latest market trends and how these could offer benefits for Bloomberg
- Take ownership & scheduling of commercial reviews for both existing inventory & new inquiries. Negotiate with providers for best of market pricing based on your experience & knowledge of Ethernet/Product pricing in markets across APAC.
- Innovate - review Bloomberg’s existing procedures & review alignment with industry trends
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years Telecommunication industry experience in commercial & product capacities
- Experience with MPLS carrier Ethernet Networks, Switched Networks TDM, Cross Connects, Wave, Voice (PRI/SIP), IX and Internet based solution among other industry trends
- Project management experience including handling the design, commercial negotiations & delivery of metro as well as International connectivity
- Vendor management experience and ability to set clear expectations supported by SLAs & performance management
- Commercial Awareness with understanding of the relationships between design, cost, onward client pricing & resiliency. Experience of structured procurement/tender processes &Bid Management RFP
- Experience in reviewing and approving invoices
- Proficiency using Google KMZ and Microsoft Visio including the ability to build Visio Diagrams and interpret Google KMZ files with real world examples of designing circuit routes for resiliency
- Ability to work with a remote manager and team members, taking ownership of your area of coverage
- Knowledge of Metro Ethernet Forum’s LSO
We’d love to see:
- Certifications including but not limited to PMP, ITIL, MEF CECP
- Practical experience using JIRA for planning & reporting of tasks.
- Data analysis skill sets and familiarity work with analytic tools e.g. Qlik
- Understanding of key contract law concepts - experience of vendor onboarding, Master Service Agreement negotiation with legal support. Knowledge of tax and regulatory environments within APAC
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.