Broadcast Operator – Washington, DC - (Contractor)
Posted Feb 4, 2020 - Requisition No. 81167
Bloomberg Media Group is seeking a freelance broadcast operator to cover several of our technical studio positions in a live broadcast environment at our Washington, DC office.
We are looking for an individual with a proactive attitude who is focused, flexible, and proficient in several aspects of broadcast operations, who can work collaboratively in a live control room and studio environment. This individual will be required to work with our NY office to coordinate and QC inbound/outbound feeds, set up any live studio guests, mix audio, frame/shade robotic cameras, and assist our engineering team with maintenance work. This candidate will be a key liaison between our NY and DC offices.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of audio mixing
- Knowledge of RTS and PAP system
- Knowledge of robotic camera systems (vinten, shotoku or similar)
- Knowledge of camera shading (iris control, scopes, Sony RCP or similar)
- Knowledge of video routing systems (Evertz or similar)
- Basic A2 skills (mic + IFB placement)
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Flexibility to work early morning or later afternoon hours
- Willingness to perform additional tasks
- An ability to multitask
- Experience working with ENPS rundowns
- Experience working in live television and experience working in a live newsroom is a plus
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.