Senior Software Engineer - BLAW Kubernetes Platform
New York, NY
Posted Jul 8, 2020 - Requisition No. 81187
Bloomberg Law (BLAW) provides users with fast access to legal content and analysis, practice tools, company information and market intelligence through advanced search and analytic capabilities. We are committed to changing the way legal professionals conduct their day-to-day tasks by automating research and providing analytical solutions to help them get real-time answers and better serve their clients.
Our team is responsible for facilitating the deployment of high quality software to our clients as quickly and frequently as possible. Our environment is innovative and agile, and we deploy new features to production every day. As a Senior Software Engineer - BLAW Kubernetes Platform, you will primarily be responsible for building and supporting CI/CD-related tools, including our proprietary Kubernetes backed PaaS. You will be working with a wide array of stakeholders; with application and service developers to implement CI/CD solutions that meet each team’s individual needs and to drive operational maturity by automating builds and deployments across the environments; with our QA team to identify, implement and integrate effective testing solutions and workflows; and with business and product stakeholders to ensure effective communication of deployment-related events and statuses. Equally important is what you will not be doing; you will not be doing systems administration, you will not be conducting traditional IT operations tasks, you will not simply be troubleshooting and tweaking configurations for existing CI/CD jobs, and you will not be limited to working with off-the-shelf CI/CD tooling like Jenkins, but will be counted on to also help build our own tooling, to support and control our robust and disciplined deployment workflows.
We'll trust you to:
- Facilitate the end to end delivery of our software by automating configuration, build, deployment, and monitoring, so that teams can deliver business value quickly and reliably.
- Design and develop systems specifically as it pertains to cloud infrastructure, Kubernetes, service mesh, and Terraform.
- Drive innovation and streamline overall testing processes, including integration of test frameworks with continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Implement tools and processes to support quality metrics and provide visibility to stakeholders
- Coordinate with Product Owners, Development teams, QA Engineering & Testers on release
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years overall experience with web or service development
- Experience building and running containerized software (e.g. Docker/Kubernetes)
- Strong familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools
- Familiarity with public cloud infrastructure and best practices
We'd love to see experience with:
- A work environment that is highly collaborative, values individual productivity and facilitates continuous/daily software deployment to end users
- Modern frontend frameworks (e.g. Vue, React, Webpack)
- Server-side web frameworks (e.g. Ruby on Rails, Django, Express)
- Service development in Go, especially relating to Kubernetes
- Supporting production Kubernetes infrastructure
- Building test and deployment workflows for teams
- Cloud-native technologies (e.g. Envoy, Helm, Prometheus, Terraform)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.