Senior Software Engineer/SRE - Bloomberg Data Center
Posted Mar 5, 2021 - Requisition No. 81283
*May work in Dayton, New Jersey or Orangeburg, New York*
Bloomberg’s Data Center SRE Team is trusted to help automate all infrastructure delivery. We collaborate regularly with teams across Bloomberg to help implement new technologies and strategies for maintaining the multi-billion dollar Data Center operation.
What’s in it for you:
You’ll build infrastructure as code and automate away the toil. Together, we'll define, document and automate all operational processes. Through the collaborative development of automation and standardized configuration utilities, you’ll provide focused engineering and operational support. For example, our Infrastructure Teams will depend on tools that you develop to automate the standup and support of all compute. You will be at the center of our hub for innovation and you’ll get the opportunity to evaluate emerging technologies along with their impact on various technology infrastructure services.
You are someone who has extensive experience in automating repeatable processes and constant thirst for learning about new technologies which you use to find the best solutions to multi-factor problems.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design, develop, implement and document tools as well as orchestration for compute infrastructure
- Develop and maintain documentation, training, and SLAs for managed infrastructure
- Act as point of escalation for operations teams in supporting current and new technologies
You need to have:
- 3+ years experience with Python and/or C/C++
- 2+ years of experience with infrastructure engineering
- 2+ years experience with Unix (RHEL/Ubuntu, etc…)
- Experience working with Salt or Ansible for orchestration (preferably Salt)
- Good knowledge of SDLC concepts
- Operational expertise running production-range systems and able to solve problems related to capacity and performance
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Working knowledge of Jira concepts
- Proven track record for building Infrastructure-as-Code
- Experience with server/storage hardware technologies from third-party vendors
- Knowledge of how network traffic gets routed and its integration within the full stack
- Baseboard Management Controller configuration experience
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.