New York, NY
Posted Feb 18, 2020 - Requisition No. 81375
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. You're the type of person who has a passion for people and events planning. More so, should you enjoy dealing with people and be someone who knows what customer service really means, we would love to have that initial conversation with you.
In this position, you will be responsible for the development, planning, management and execution of Business Unit events across Bloomberg:
We'll trust you to:
- Plan and execute sales and marketing event programs for assigned Business Units
- Use Bloomberg-specific event execution tools, programs and infrastructure to deliver events
- Implement event processes, standards and measurements across all events
- Collaborate with marketing program managers to ensure the successful deployment & integration of events with external partners (government agencies, conference organizers, key associations, etc) and creation of unique event experiences that communicate our key messages
- Infuse customized, out-of-the-box ideas and solutions for events
- Manage the creative process, including invites, event production, audio visual requirements, etc.
- Lead projects with multiple stakeholders (across different geos and businesses) and teams from inception to delivery
- Will be expected to make sound independent decisions consistent with business goals
- Prepare and follow event budgets, negotiation with vendors, and ensure payments & reconciliations take place in a timely manner
You'll need to have:
- Min 3 years of event/experiential planning
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present to all levels of management
- The ability to multi-task & work flexibly under tight deadlines
- Experience in integrating technology
- Experience integrating events into marketing campaigns: Understands the role that events play within the integrated marketing communications framework and works to ensure that the right type of events are being planned at the right time.
- A can-do attitude with an open mindset
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.