Human Computation Architect - CTO Data Science
New York, NY
Posted Feb 20, 2020 - Requisition No. 81434
At Bloomberg we have built very precise, fast, and skilled human in the loop data and signal extraction workflows. Today, these workflows are supported by annotation management platforms that build on the latest technology and are adapted to our environment and our best practices. We are looking for an established researcher with experience in human computation to join the CTO office and lead our annotation management and human in the loop automation strategy.
With your help we’ll:
- Create and execute on a strategic technical product vision for human-AI collaboration
- Carry out research on best practices for human computation and crowdsourcing, including both technical aspects and human factors aspects.
- Collaborate with other leaders in our CTO office to bring the best of machine learning and natural language processing to improve the quality and efficiency of our annotation management platforms.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be the technical architect and visionary for our annotation management platforms.
- Collaborate with application engineering teams and project owners to establish and enforce best practices.
- Work with others in the CTO office, Engineering, and the Global Data Department on a suite of company-wide initiatives with visibility up to Bloomberg’s top executives.
You’ll need to have:
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience in human computation, crowdsourcing, annotation or a related field
- 5+ years of experience implementing human computation in a business context
- Product management and proven ability to work across organizational boundaries in a multi-stakeholder context
- Experience performing high quality research
If this sounds like you, apply! In addition, do check out our blog, TechAtBloomberg.com, to learn more about our publications and projects in data science