Senior Software Engineer - Web Acquisition
Posted Aug 7, 2020 - Requisition No. 81573
Timely and accurate data is the life blood of financial markets. The Web Acquisition team at Bloomberg is responsible for acquiring vast amounts of news and data from the Internet with minimal latency, making it available to a multitude of downstream systems and client facing applications.
Our goal is to build scalable, highly available systems and tools which streamline the process of gathering data whilst maintaining competitive edge on timeliness, accuracy and consistency; overhaul and improve the design and architecture of the current distributed system making it more modular and adaptable to technological advances; ensure that our platform can run on cloud, build user-friendly UIs to facilitate data collection and leverage machine learning techniques where applicable.
We are looking for an innovative problem solver who is curious, kind, continually learning, and happy to share what you learn.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design, implement and own critical applications and components of our services stack.
- Participate in the full SDLC of various components and systems that are required to be robust and scalable.
- Get to know engineering and data teams across Bloomberg, understand their application requirements and data access patterns.
- Continuously keep abreast of the latest technologies being used on the web
You’ll need to have:
- Extensive experience with Python and/or C++
- Extensive experience developing large scale systems in Linux
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills, and ability to thrive in a highly collaborative and dynamic work environment.
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field.
We'd love to see:
- Background knowledge/experience with Machine Learning.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.