Senior Software Engineer - App Portal
New York, NY
Posted Mar 15, 2021 - Requisition No. 81670
The App Portal team is responsible for a suite of products allowing 3rd-party developers to seamlessly integrate their applications and services into the Bloomberg Eco system. We own the Bloomberg App Portal platform, through which Bloomberg users can discover, acquire and run 3rd party apps.
We also own Terminal Connect API used by 3rd party app developers for integrating Bloomberg Terminal into their apps workflow.
What's in it for you:
We'll trust you to:
- Design and implement App Portal and Terminal Connect APIs
- Enhance sandboxed application hosting environment utilizing Web Assembly and the latest Window 10 features
- Build Visual Studio Add-ins and VS Code extensions to streamline dev experience
- Build reliable, scalable and high-performing services
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of Strong OOD/OOP skills and experience applying modern design patterns
- Solid knowledge of algorithms, standard data structures and multi-threading
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We would love to see:
- Experience with node.js ecosystem
- Experience with WASM
- Experience with C#, .Net Core, and C++
- Familiarity with modern authentication standards such as SAML and oAuth2
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.