Program Manager - Middleware & Core Services
New York, NY
Posted Mar 4, 2020 - Requisition No. 81739
Every day, over 5,000 developers rely on us to build the core foundation required for their applications. On our team, we build middleware - the software infrastructure designed for creating large-scale, fault-tolerant applications that run on thousands of machines throughout the world. We are over a hundred engineers building a complex infrastructure using a variety of programming paradigms such as RPC, publish/subscribe, and message queues.
With thousands of clients depending on our infrastructure solutions, Middleware and Core Services is enjoying an exciting period of growth and is currently seeking a senior-level program manager. As part of this dynamic team, you will be responsible for managing the initiative portfolio and execution of it.
This position involves collaborating with the product management, stakeholders and development teams.
We will trust you to:
- Plan major programs which coordinate with every development and cross-development teams to support adoption of new technology, implementation of automation, and standardization of technology and process.
- Excel in managing day-to-day projects but also keep an eye on the big picture and not be afraid to upend existing systems and processes if need be.
- Partner with agile development teams within Engineering to help develop and track product roadmaps.
- Create accountability with clear progress reporting based on a deep understanding of where barriers to execution exist.
- Improve team's performance by encouraging team cohesiveness through leadership and mentoring to facilitate successful delivery.
- Define, execute and promote processes that establish transparency among all stakeholders.
- Influence and advice on adherence to the project management framework.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment requiring good judgment and flexibility.
You will need to have:
- 5+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- 4+ years of experience working with agile development practices.
- Experience in SDLC and software development methodologies.
- Experience in managing and maintaining project inventory, prioritizing and categorization of tasks, costs and risks in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience in full life-cycle project management for large-scale system implementations, leading projects with geographically dispersed teams.
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Exhibit a results-oriented attitude and ability to follow through on tasks in a timely and responsible manner.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience with using JIRA for planning and tracking
- Big 4 consulting experience
- PMP, CSM, SAFe Certification
We'd love to see:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.