Hedge Accounting Specialist
Posted Mar 17, 2020 - Requisition No. 81983
Bloomberg is the global market leader of financial data, risk management and valuations. Bloomberg’s Risk and Pricing department continues to grow globally as we expand our Multi-Asset Risk System (MARS) solutions including Hedge Accounting.
What’s the role?
You will be joining a fast-growing specialized area of Bloomberg focused on treasury & hedge accounting specialist, who will primarily support the hedge accounting product (MARS HEFF) in EMEA. The role is London office based. You will primarily help in developing our hedge accounting solution focusing on financial services industry. You will also be a point of escalation for other teams that look after the support and implementation of the hedge accounting product to ensure a high quality support and implementation. You would also help drive the sales agenda and help the product grow in the region.
Bloomberg’s Multi-Asset Risk System is a SaaS solution with the ability to deliver excellent levels of functionality to companies (such as banks, corporates).
We’ll trust you to:
- Be actively involved in the sales process as a product/technical specialist (such as product demos, proof of concepts)
- Provide technical guidance for the teams who on-board and support our hedge accounting premium clients
- Be the Subject Matter on HEFF (Hedge accounting product) and other related pricing functions
- Assist in the evolution of the roadmap based on client feedback to help meet sales target, drive growth as well as support client use cases
- Collaborate with Bloomberg product management colleagues worldwide on the evolution of the product
- Partner with various in-house specialist from engineering, sales, analysts, product management and marketing teams
You’ll need to have:
- 5-10 years of experience as a hedge accounting practitioner from a financial services environment
- A good understanding of valuations and risk management practices
- Big 4 audit/advisory experience is a plus
- Prior meaningful experience with other similar vendors (e.g., treasury systems, risk/valuation systems) is a plus
- Experience conducting presentations, providing demonstrations, capturing requirements, and defining specifications, scope and documentation
We’d love to see:
- Strong leadership skills, people management, and interpersonal skills
- Additional language
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.