Senior Software Engineer (C++, Python, SQL) – Enterprise Product Workflows
New York, NY
Posted Mar 26, 2020 - Requisition No. 82128
The Enterprise Data department is a new and growing area of Bloomberg. As part of this area, we build state-of-the-art software to support product creation, product implementation, product controls, and product enablement for Enterprise Real-Time and Data License products and services. We develop a system that allows our Enterprise business to rapidly create new product and service offerings at the click of a button, allowing our business to quickly respond to market conditions and client needs. We are building a client-facing website for product discovery and purchase using a modern technology stack. Our mandate is to become the one-to-rule-them-all account management system for all of Enterprise with a focus on building flexible, meta-data driven solutions. Join us and be part of the future of Bloomberg!
We are looking for a candidate to join our Enterprise Product Workflows group to help us build the next generation of systems to support Enterprise Data; Enterprise Data delivers a variety of data - such as real time, reference, news, trading systems, etc. - to client applications accessible via an SDK utilizing our own vast infrastructure and provides a state of the art suite of tools to go along with it. Our day-to-day includes a wide range of development opportunities, from front-end to back-end to database work. As part of our team, you will be exposed to a variety of domains and technologies, learn continuously and contribute new ideas starting day one. Come work with a diverse and amazing team!
We'll trust you to:
- Create C++ and Python services on Linux
- Work with Oracle and SQL Server databases
- Script complex stored procedures
- Work across multiple teams in Engineering
- Communicate and interact with product managers and end users
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of programming experience with Object-Oriented languages
- 3+ years of experience developing stored procedures, performing optimization and query tuning and designing databases
- An under- or post-graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance or related field (or equivalent expertise)
We'd love to see:
- Experience working with UIs
- Ability to learn on the fly and the desire to share ideas and be a team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We are extremely proud of our diverse and open culture, and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of power users around the world. If this sounds like you, please apply below!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.