Posted Apr 20, 2020 - Requisition No. 82582
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services.
What’s the Role?
Bloomberg Indices is seeking a highly motivated and driven Index Manager responsible for our Equity related indices in our Princeton NJ offices. Our Bloomberg Index business is in a growth stage and it is an exciting time to join the team to take our business to the next level. You will have a lead role in maintaining and developing equity indices, working closely with research, implementing custom index requests and working with clients on calculation requests. You will be working with various internal groups in engineering, data, business, and sales to set direction for and support Equity indices on the system. Bloomberg's new state-of-the-art index infrastructure will scale to thousands of indices, incorporate complex index methodologies, and aspires to operate in an automated fashion, demonstrating our state of the art technologies. Your domain expertise should bring knowledge of the institutional asset management industry, understanding of index trends and what our customers need. An ideal candidate will have acquired this knowledge whilst working in an index structuring team at an investment bank or index provider.
We’ll trust you to:
- Become subject matter experts in multiple asset classes, related data and indexes (global equities, commodities, currency)
- Innovate in all aspects of index creation and operation, data quality and variety, and technical infrastructure
- Maintain the integrity of equity indexes in accordance with Bloomberg's methodologies, ensuring accurate application of index rules, quality control and data remediation
- Contribute meaningfully to the analysis, evaluation and product vision of the index product offering
- Establish and implement index management procedures and methodologies to reflect the needs of the equity market, including ESG
- Perform index rebalance evaluations, including analysis of membership inclusions and omissions
- Drive the development and market acceptance of independent benchmark administration
- Work with clients to implement custom index requests and co-develop custom index solutions, while interpreting complex index methodologies, building financial models to back-test and develop indices
- Work with both our clients and internal partners in response to index data related queries, while communicating product vision and building consensus among our senior leadership team
- Work closely with colleagues in Engineering to develop work flows, quality assurance processes and product improvements
- Develop algorithms to detect and correct data quality problems, for incoming and outgoing data
You’ll need to have:
- A strong academic background in one of analytical and technical degrees including, but not limited to: Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or Statistics
- Experience with equity index management, specifically equity corporate actions handling, with a broad understanding of the index industry including key products and business dynamics
- Demonstrated commitment to enhancing and developing products / processes
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new ideas along with strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams and facilitate interactions with engineering, data, sales, product and support
- Consistent track record of being self-driven and “get-it-done” attitude
- Ability to be hands on with multiple projects and shift priorities quickly
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship
We'd love to see:
- Master’s Degree and / or MBA, CFA charter
- Advanced excel skills
- Experience using Python, SQL & VBA
- Experience building / maintaining indexes and validation models
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.