Software Quality Engineer - Execution Management Systems
Posted Sep 9, 2020 - Requisition No. 82600
Bloomberg is seeking a Software Quality Engineer to support our Electronic Trading Applications Quality Assurance and Engineering teams. The team performs functional software testing on Bloomberg’s Execution Management System (EMSX). You will be working with the Quality Assurance, Engineering, and Product teams to scale the automated testing needs with tight timelines. In addition, a great deal of analysis of data input and output is expected. You'll get a front-row seat to the financial markets, gain insights and perspectives on how they work, and test software that helps shape their future success.
EMSX is a multi-asset class trading platform that integrates Bloomberg exchange and broker data with clients' equity, futures, and options orders. EMSX allows clients to seamlessly route to over 1300 brokers representing over 2800 algorithmic/DMA, program, and cash trading destinations. EMSX allows clients to download order details into accounting and back office systems, as well as run execution reports to populate their Order Management System in real time. EMSX also provides a straight-through-processing solution that simplifies and automates all trading activity on our clients' global trading desks.
We’ll trust you to:
- Have a solid understanding of coding and programming languages and how to apply them to effectively test.
- Analyze workflows and test scenarios to rectify scope of testing and inefficiencies.
- Create and maintain automated test scripts for our regression suite.
- Execute and troubleshoot automated tests
- Coordinate with developers to provide efficient feedback on release quality.
- Project manage technical testing implementations with the QA and engineering teams.
- Build service level tests based on current UI automated tests.
- Contribute to and support our shared strategic technology agenda
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science or Finance
- At least 3 years or more of Test Automation Experience
- Experience with FIX testing and creating automated tests for FIX protocol workflows
- Interpretation and understanding of file formats such as .xml, .csv and JSON and the conversion from one to another
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with JIRA and Agile SDLC
We’d love to see:
- Experience with Bloomberg
- Understanding of Equity markets
- Knowledge of BDD and TDD Frameworks
- Expertise in data quality analysis and testing
- Experience creating automation frameworks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.