Senior Software Engineer - Regulatory Platform
New York, NY
Posted Sep 10, 2020 - Requisition No. 82795
RHUB is a Bloomberg’s multi-asset cross platform regulatory product built to support a wide variety of trading workflows to meet the regulatory obligations of our buy side, sell side and trading venue clients in the most convenient and seamless fashion across many jurisdictions. This highly scalable, efficient and robust platform is built to be able to process over 50 million transactions a day with guaranteed SLAs and serves as the backbone which connects various buy side and sell side OMSs/EMSs to multiple external government and regulatory venues around the world. The platform transforms, enrich, validate, route and transmit transactional data as per required regulations using a wide range of Bloomberg and industry standard technologies like C++, BAS, RabbitMQ, Rapid, Kafka, spark, BFS, HDFS, NLP to serve various mission critical and big data use cases.
Bloomberg is in full support of this brand new business and has committed to continuous development and expansion of this world class offering with recent acquisition of Regtek Assurance company to supplement the platform. As the team is growing we are looking for passionate and motivated engineers to help design, architect and deliver the next generation of regulatory workflow solutions powered by cutting edge technologies automation, NLP and AI.
As a member of highly cohesive and energetic RHUB ENG team, you will have an opportunity to work on various work streams including enhancing the highly scalable and robust backend engine, developing new regulatory flows, sophisticated UIs and big data analytics.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be a key player in the driving seat of the next generation premium regulatory reporting services for Bloomberg
- Collaborate with product, QA, implementations, analytics and colleagues to design, develop and deliver high quality mission critical transparency flow.
- Participate in code, design reviews along with quarterly planning sessions with product and other stakeholders
You'll need to have:
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Deep understanding of best practices of software design and development
- Proven language agnostic object oriented coding skills
- Passion for your own growth and stake in the team.
We'd love to see:
- Experience in C++
- Experience in building robust backend systems
- Finance and trading systems experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.