Senior Software Engineer: Sell-Side Trading Platform
New York, NY
Posted Sep 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 83048
Every day, thousands of businesses across the globe rely on the Bloomberg Sell-Side System to support their trading activity. As part of the Trading Solutions businesses, Sell-Side delivers a global multi-asset solution for trade capture, market making, inventory management, front office collaboration, middle office operations, and electronic trading.
By providing customizable workflows, extensive analytics, and high performing functionality, our tools allow users to get the information they need fast and stay one step ahead of the market. We build powerful solutions that allow traders to manage their positions, risk and P&L, make markets using our electronic trading suite of tools, and analyze their clients' behaviors to anticipate future needs. To do this, we employ a broad set of software tools and technology.
Our focus is on writing reliable and scalable code to cement the Sell-Side platform as a leading Fixed Income solution. We're looking for new team members that will help us build the next generation of trading solutions that not only lead the industry in terms of performance and reliability but pave the way for a smarter trading system fueled by data and analytics.
Meet our Team: https://www.techatbloomberg.com/blog/meet-the-team-sellside-engineering/
Check out our awards: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/press/bloomberg-takes-home-three-waters-rankings-awards/ (we won for 2020 and 2019 too!)
What's in it for you:
As Senior Software Engineer, you will work within a team designing and implementing new features and workflows as well as improving our performance and reliability. You will learn the sell-side fixed income industry, our clients, and choose the best solution for their needs. We leverage an agile software development process as well as a continuous integration and deployment pipeline to produce high quality software quickly to production. We expect you to be creative and proactively look for the most suitable technology to solve complex problems.
We'll trust you to:
- Design and develop software that provides our clients with high performing, scalable, and flexible workflows
- Work across a full software stack and be comfortable learning about and supporting different parts of the system
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues quickly across a large code base and set of workflows
- Balance and prioritize development work to provide the most critical and useful functionality to our clients
You'll need to have:
- 2+ years of experience programming in C++/C, Python or Java
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures, and systems and applications programming
- Experience developing and managing large-scale service-oriented systems
- Experience with CI, CD and unit testing
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.