HR Global Mobility Partner - EMEA
Posted May 27, 2020 - Requisition No. 83162
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
People are Bloomberg's most critical assets and ensuring their success by getting them to the right place in a timely manner with as little disruption & noise as possible is a key to our success.
We are a creative and forward-thinking team working with the desire to achieve one goal: Driving business through our people. The Global Mobility team comprises colleagues based in New York, Miami, London, Singapore and Tokyo. Like Bloomberg, we are focused on providing the highest level of customer service and are constantly looking for ways to improve the employee experience of all phases of the relocation process. We work closely with our tax and relocation vendors to ensure they continue to improve their service levels by employing the right mix of technology and the personal touch. Since we transfer employees on a local to local basis (rather than on “expat” terms), it is critical that our employees receive appropriate guidance from our vendors regarding the financial implications of their move.
What’s the role?
As a member of our team, you will build a strong working relationship with HR and Payroll colleagues to improve the success of our relocating employees, both new and existing. You will oversee relocations within and into EMEA while ensuring global consistency with our relocation policy. You will partner with our team across the globe on relocation cases, vendor management and special projects. You will solve complex problems while being "hands on" in other aspects of the role. We are trusted advisers to the business on all relocation matters and engage with the HR colleagues in hiring, developing and retaining the best talent.
Good judgement is something which comes naturally to you, and you're able to find that perfect balance between professional and personable. As part of our commitment to client service and focus on employee experience, the speed of responding to queries is critical to our success at Bloomberg.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be a Global Mobility subject matter authority and strategic partner for HR Business Partners, Shared Services (Global People Services), Recruiters and Business managers within the EMEA region Lead all aspects of approximately 350+ local to local transfers and short term assignees (into/intra-EMEA) per annum;
- Train all internal partners on the Global Mobility framework, processes and tools to drive consistent level of service;
- Coordinate relocation and tax vendors locally to ensure consistent application and delivery of all services within EMEA;
- Provide guidance on the compensation setting process for relocating employees;
- Collaborate with Payroll on the delivery of relocation-related compensation and similar tax issues including tax gross-up computations;
- Work with internal immigration colleagues on sophisticated employment immigration issues (including journalist work visas) to find practical solutions with employees and HR/Business Managers;
- Lead all senior level strategic transfers to/within EMEA;
- Remain current with the latest thinking, trends and leading practices in the external market in relation to global mobility and expatriate taxation.
- 5+ years * experience running the mobilization of a global workforce. Preferred experience gained either in-house with a multinational corporation and/or as a consultant within a global tax accountancy firm;
- Knowledge of expatriate compensation methodologies and experience with international supplier data;
- An understanding of EMEA expatriate/individual taxation (ideally demonstrate knowledge of expatriate/income tax for UK, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, etc. and/or specialist knowledge of one of more of these jurisdictions);
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a regional and global team;
- Establishing credibility and building rapport with multiple stakeholders across different time zones;
- Critical thinking, analytical mind set and ability to interpret data;
- Capacity to influence and affect change in a professional manner;
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing with other departments and all levels of employees;
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and to make and communicate difficult decisions;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in order to meet tight deadlines. * Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
You'll need to have:
We'd Love to See:
- US expatriate tax or payroll experience;
- A combination of Tax and Relocation experience.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.