Personal Finance Reporter/Editor - Hong Kong
Posted Jun 2, 2020 - Requisition No. 83241
Here's a unique opportunity to chronicle one of the most important relationships in the world: the one between people and money. As a member of Bloomberg's new Personal Finance team, you will explain the myriad ways money is spent, saved, lost and acquired, and how these actions shape the way we live. You will be expected to report and present stories in clear and exciting ways, as well as edit copy and marshal freelance contributors.
Your coverage will cut across a slew of topics -- investments, education, careers, taxes, housing, travel and more -- and will serve as a guide for readers aspiring to live well within their means. You should be a strong writer who's comfortable producing quick, smart and witty pieces, in addition to richly detailed longer-form features. We're looking for a self-starter with a passion for telling the story of people's successes and failures, and the ability to demystify markets and macroeconomics and make them relevant to readers’ lives. As an editor, you will also need to build relationships with teams across the newsroom.
What we want to see:
- Strong writing skills and the ability to produce sophisticated stories
- Ideas for new and exciting ways to capture the reader's imagination
- Sound news judgement and a talent for looking beyond the obvious story
- A willingness to work well within a team and with others across the newsroom
- Digital and multimedia skills, and a strong visual sensibility
- Experience working with and managing freelance contributors
- A sense of humor is welcome
If this sounds like you:
Apply and we'll get in touch. In the meantime, have a look at this: www.bloomberg.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.