Exchange Connectivity Manager - Exchange Data & Business, Hong Kong
Posted Jun 8, 2020 - Requisition No. 83321
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're responsible for supplying it. Our Content & Entities Business Management team (CEBM) is all about capturing and integrating data to provide our customers with the information they need. The department is comprised of several teams including: Pricing, Research, Exchanges, Client Service, Contracts, and Market Structure. We onboard an incredible amount of content so it's imperative that it is discoverable, compliant, done in an efficient manner, and compliments other Bloomberg products.
What’s the role?
You're on the pulse with market movements and live for the details beyond the headlines. You love to build relationships and always look to provide excellent customer service. As a natural problem solver you thrive on building innovative solutions to sophisticated problems.
We are looking for a highly creative and motivated individual to work in the Exchange Data & Business team. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals who enjoy working in a dynamic, deadline driven environment to deliver the highest quality real-time data to our customers across all asset classes such as equities, derivatives, commodities & fixed income.
Our primary responsibility is developing real-time market data feeds from exchanges. This includes leading projects, building relationships, negotiating contracts and exploring business opportunities with the Exchanges. You will be responsible for all technical aspects of maintaining real-time market data feeds and the addition of new exchange products across APAC, working closely with Sales, Software Engineering, Networks, Enterprise Solutions and exchanges to ensure the successful delivery of exchange products to Bloomberg customers. You will have prior experience of handling market data specifications and will be confident in interpreting these in order to define appropriate business deliverable.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build strategic relationships with exchanges, clients and regulators
- Translate exchange documentation and technical specifications into business deliverables for new exchange data on Bloomberg
- Manage projects in conjunction with software engineering and Sales
- Overall escalation point for any issues with exchange market data
- Acquire/possess deeper knowledge regarding exchange provided products and how they impact our clients and their workflows
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related fields
- Experience working for an Exchange or in the Market Data industry
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and technically-minded
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation & organisational skills
- Knowledge of Market Data connectivity
- Knowledge of FIX and/or other message protocols
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.