Supplier Lifecycle Management Representative
Posted Jun 17, 2020 - Requisition No. 83491
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
The Supplier Life Cycle Management team is a part of our Procure to Pay department. We are based in New York but this role will be in London supporting both EMEA and APAC with some global support. We are responsible for the end to end process for all vendor setup, enablement of E--Invoicing solutions as well as providing governance to vendor onboarding requirements while maintaining risk and controls compliance. In addition, we have data ownership responsibilities over SAP vendor management domain as well as providing expertise in compliance and policy enforcement. We are dedicated to supporting all business areas and key stakeholders across the company.
We are looking for a motivated, proactive, self-starting, analytical, problem solver to join our fast paced environment. You will need to be very detail oriented, enjoy interacting with a diverse group of people from the Business, Suppliers and Accounts Payable, but also can work well independently and handle your own queue of work. You always ensure due diligence and controls are upheld during the entire supplier creation and maintenance lifecycle. You are not be afraid to challenge the status quo and seek to not only solve complex problems but do so with risk mitigation in mind. You aim to always do the right thing to protect Bloomberg and our clients. You thrive in a team environment and take time to really understand what the customer needs.
We'll trust you to:
- Guide suppliers through cross-functional onboarding processes from a process, technology and policy perspective;
- Ensure all suppliers are accurately vetted, and they understand how to transact using our invoice submission channels;
- Manage all vendor related inquires effectively and adhere to departmental KPIs/SLAs while maintaining risk and controls and providing outstanding customer service;
- Understand the importance of executing established operational control and is able to do so effectively;
- Provide the highest level of customer service to all our partners (i.e. vendors, Business Units, Accounts Payable, Risk teams);
- Participate in ad-hoc project work or request as needed by team leader;
- Understand 1042/1099 tax withholding and income filing process.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Compliance or related field or equivalent experience;
- Acute eye for detail ensuring all work is performed with the highest levels of accuracy and all required forms of due diligence are upheld;
- Ability to multi-task, trouble-shoot and solve complex problems while utilizing multiple system interfaces and addressing a high volume of work within a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to prioritize quickly in order to meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills; demonstrated professional, tactful problem solving, business writing and presentation skills with personal presence to interface with corporate decision makers;
- SAP and/or Ariba proficiency;
- Ability to communicate in multiple languages;
- Strong work ethic with a positive, hands-on, can-do attitude.
We'd love to see:
- Ability to communicate in Mandarin and/or Cantonese;
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years of proven experience in the Procure to Pay domain;
- Customer Service experience;
- Operational experience;
- Experience handling large data sets;
- Vendor Risk Management or KYC experience a plus.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.